If you are a fan of the Mozilla Firefox browser, there is a Firefox addon comparable to the Google Chrome extension The Flash Video Downloader. This Firefox addon is called Video DownloadHelper, it will allow you to download any flash video on a page (Facebook and YouTube).
HERE IS THE PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW TO DOWNLOAD A FACEBOOK VIDEO FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX:
- Go to this page of the Firefox Video DownloadHelper addon.
- Click on the green ” Add to Firefox” button then click ” Install Now ” on the popup that will appear.
- Then click on “Restart now” to close Mozilla Firefox “and re-open it with the addon activated (if Firefox asks you to).
- By restarting Firefox, you will be automatically sent to the addon page, close this page and go to Facebook to find the video of your choice to retrieve.
- To easily download a Facebook video, go to the exact URL of the post that contains the video to download (you should preferably only have that on your page).
- Once on the page with the video visible, click on the red yellow and blue icon dedicated to the extension just installed. By clicking on the addon icon, it will tell you which video you can download on this Facebook page and in what format.
- Then simply click on the format that interests you (the more you take the quality format, the more time it may take but the better the video quality afterwards). In the example above, I opted for the 1080 x 1080 format which was the best quality available for download.
- After clicking on the desired link, the extension will record the video in the background (which will strain your computer’s performance).
- Once the download is complete, the video will automatically be saved to your PC in the “dwhelper” folder. On my computer, for example, it was saved in “C: \ Users \ Vincent \ dwhelper \”.