If you’re in a dark place and don’t have a flashlight handy, you can use your iPhone’s LED flash as a flashlight. It’s possible to turn your iPhone’s flashlight on and off from Control Center, using Siri, and with the screen locked on newer models. Here’s how to turn it on and off.
How to turn flashlight on and off from Control Center?
On an iPhone with Face ID
If you have an iPhone X, XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, or 12 Pro Max, follow these steps to turn the flashlight on and off on your smartphone :
1. After unlocking your iPhone, swipe down from the top right corner. Next, you will see the Control Center .
2. There, click on the button in the form of a flashlight to activate it.
3. You can adjust the intensity level of the light by pressing the flashlight button until a vertical bar appears .
4. Just slide your finger up to increase the intensity of the light or down to reduce it.
5. Tap the flashlight button again to turn it off.
On an iPhone with a home button
1. Unlock your iPhone and swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access Control Center .
2. Next, touch the flashlight icon and the camera’s LED light will turn on.
3. You can change the brightness level starting with iPhone 6s. You just need to hold down the flashlight button until you see a vertical bar. Next, slide your finger up or down to adjust the amount of light.
4. Tap the flashlight icon again in Control Center to turn it off.
How to turn flashlight on and off with Siri?
It is very easy to put on and take off the flashlight with the help of Siri through a voice command.
1. Depending on your iPhone model, press the Side button or the Home button to activate Siri.
2. Then you can use a command like the following:
To activate the flashlight : ”Siri, activate the flashlight.” “Siri, turn on the flashlight.” “Siri, turn on the flashlight.”
To turn off the flashlight : “Siri, turn off my flashlight.” “Siri, can you turn off the flashlight?”
How to activate and deactivate the flashlight with the screen locked?
The iPhone X, XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max models allow you to turn the mobile flashlight on and off from the lock screen, like this:
Activate it by pressing the flashlight icon in the lower left corner of the locked screen.
To turn it off, press the same button on the lock screen or simply swipe your finger to the left a bit and release. That is all!